Representative Suzan DelBene
Subcommittee on Conservation, Energy and Forestry Subcommittee on Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology and Foreign Agriculture,
Caucus of New Democrats, Women's High Tech Caucus, Trademark Caucus, and Aluminum Caucus
||"What makes living in the Pacific Northwest so special is the natural environment that surrounds us. The 1st congressional district is home to some of our nation’s most beautiful forests, mountains and waterways. We also have some of the most fertile agricultural land. Taking care of our natural resources and protecting our environment is critical to protecting the quality of life we cherish. This means policies to keep our air and water clean. We must also manage our water responsibly as it is critical for our local farms and for generating the electricity that powers our economy."
Leadership: Representative DelBene knows that investing in clean, renewable energy is the best way to grow the economy while protecting our natural resources and establishing energy independence. This is a critical consideration for Washington State where greenhouse gas-driven ocean acidification is threatening the state’s oyster farming industry and its 3,200 jobs.
Ocean Champions is excited to have a representative such as Delbene representing an area of Washington that boasts an incredibly biodiverse and valuable coastline.
Representative DelBene sponsored:
- H.R.829 : To amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate a segment of Illabot Creek in Skagit County, Washington, as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System
- H.R.908 : Green Mountain Lookout Heritage Protection Act
- H.R.1886 : Promoting Border Commerce and Travel Act
- H.R.1929 : Enhancing Employment and Training Through Education Act of 2013
- H.R.3912 : Recruiting Individuals to Drive Our Elders Act of 2014
- H.R.4128 : Small Business Tax Credit Accessibility Act
- H.R.4629 : Manufacturing Jobs for Veterans Act
- H.R.5584 : Women's Small Business Ownership Act of 2014
- H.RES.182 : Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that specialty crops are a vital part of agriculture in the United States, that the Committee on Agriculture should propose funding for programs that support specialty crops priorities, and that legislation should be passed that includes funding reflecting specialty crops as a growing and important part of United States agriculture.
Representative DelBbene cosponsored:
- H.R. 139 (Udall-Eisenhower Arctic Wilderness Act of 2013)
- H.R. 361 (Alpine Lakes Wilderness Additions and Pratt and Middle Fork Snoqualmie Rivers Protection Act of 2013)
- H.R. 1034 (San Juan Islands National Conservation Area Act of 2013)
- H.R. 1425 (Marine Debris Emergency Act of 2013)
- H.R. 1491 (To authorize the Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to provide certain funds to eligible entities for activities undertaken to address the marine debris impacts of the March 2011 Tohoku earthquake and subsequent tsunami, and for other purposes, 2013)
- H.R. 1630 (America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2013)
- H.R. 1837 (Clean Water Protection Act of 2013)